Keto Blueberry Upside-Down Cake
Contributor: Jodi Landro
For the Topping:
1/2 C Swerve Brown Sugar
1/4 C Nutivia Butter-flavored Coconut Oil + 1/4 C Coconut Butter (melted)
1/2 C melted unsalted butter
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 C Blueberries
For the Cake:
1 3/4 C Almond Flour
1/2 C Swerve Granular
1/3 C Coconut Flour
1/4 C UPP Vanilla
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 Large Eggs
1/4C Nutivia Butter-flavored Coconut Oil + 1/4 C Coconut Butter, melted
1/2 C Butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/2 C Water
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Lightly sweetened whipped cream (optional) OR Cocowhip
To Make the Topping:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x9” square baking pan, and line with parchment paper (for easy removal).
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted “butter” until well combined. Spread over the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the blueberries and set aside.
To Make the Cake:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, granular sweetener, coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the eggs, melted “butter”, water, and vanilla until well combined.
2. Spread the batter over the blueberry topping as evenly as possible. Bake 30-40 minutes, until the edges are nicely browned and the center is firm to the touch. Remove and let cool 10 minutes, then place a serving platter over the baking pan and invert the cake. Immediately remove pan to avoid sticking.
3. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Serve with whipped topping of choice!
Number Of Servings: 16
Preparation Time: 20 minutes + Bake time
Leave a comment